"The Thomason Take" 6/1

Dora, AL.
http://www.sayre-speedway.com

Moderator: STTNews

"The Thomason Take" 6/1

New postby Chris Thomason on Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:09 am

Buzz - 7 cars
Nathan Baker in the 21 is the pole starter with Brandon Holley's 2 outside. Holley leads from turn two. greg kilpatrick's 88 up to third from the tail before the completion of the first lap. Lap four and 88 goes under the 21 off four for second. 2 takes the cross flags with the 88 closing in. Russ Holley drives his 43 to the pit on a flat about five to go. 88 had closed within a length of the 2 but never gets a look. Brandon Holley picks up win # 2 for 2013!! Top 3; 2 88 21

Renegade - 7 cars
Pinegar 23 p1 with Philip Waters 1 along side. Wild Wayne Waters red wheeled 75 gives Pinegar a push into one. 23 and 1 go toe to toe, door to door all the way til five laps to go! 75 and Burnetts 42 just kinda rode behind the front row. The 1 eventually slipped from turn two opening the door for his brother to move to second with three to go. Waters drives up to the 23 outside taking the white. They race the last time around and Pinegar holds out for another W! Top 3; 23 75 1

Pure Street - 11 cars
Vines 66 and Darrel Pierce's 14 make your front row. Vines leads into one but is spun out off two for the first caution of the day. I missed the deal as I watched Wade, the 50, and Drew Pierce in Mrs Alice's 11 go three wide on the green. The 66 and doss' both go to the tail so I assume the 6 was involved in the incident. That bumps the 11 to the point. Pierce brothers slug it out for the opening laps while Wade in the 60 moves to third. 11 leads when around five or six complete 6 billows smoke and catches the black. 11, 14,60 all nose to tail! Bumpin, rubbin, and pushin 1999 SAYRE STYLE! Wade takes second off four at the half mark. They race to four to go and heavy contact from 60 to 11 exiting two. They both collect in a hurry and 60 takes the top spot. The next lap holds a caution for the 18 of Donnie Rotenberrys 18 way down in 3&4. After the restart 60 walks to get the trophy for his pops bday!! Top 3; 60 11 14

Pony - 8 cars
Carl Griffitts 15 inside, Moores 1 outside. 15 leads it down the back while Rice in the 6 takes second through 3&4. Spradlin's 75 was on a charge from the tail early and takes fourth from Robinsons 9 around lap six. Yellow is shown when the 5 of Rutland loops off turn four. Restart and 1 gets the line to take second back, Moore drags the 75 along. Caution again when the 73 of Kirkpatrick switched ends in two. Not sure what happened but the 73 drove to the pit real noisy like somethin against the fans so apparent contact somewhere. The leader fired for the restart but the flagman hysterically waves the yellow as there are pedestrians on the race surface. Restart and they get a lap, this time the 73 turns around in 3&4. Green is out and 1 drives low of the 15 exiting two, 75 still following 1. Coming off four 6 dumps the third place 15. As Griffitt spins out they hit driver doors sending Rice to the inside wall at the stripe. The caution is shown just after the restart, Rice past a few cars to the outside and they say he jumped the start. Restart then Moore see's is cross mark. 75 works past the 1 to lead this one. 1 gets it back off turn two and 75 stays on the heels of Moore. 1 loops the car off two handin off the top spot. Restart five to go. Two laps remaining now and 6 has worked back up to second but 75 had checked out for the win from the tail! 1 and 15 get together off four coming the the flag. Top 3; 75 6 9

Sportsman - 9 cars
Cartledge 22 on point with Stewarts 65 outside. Front row races hard down the back while Tristan Morgan in the 5 clears Hollis 98 for third. 65 pulls the 5 to second as he completes the pass on 22 off four during the second lap. 5 overtakes the 65 exiting two the next time around. While all this is goin on up front the 14 of Sivley had worked to third. 14 takes second from a the familiar 65 at the half way sign. Six to go now and leaving four the 5 gets a surprising shot from the 14. Morgan was flat wheelin it and holds the lead down into one. Contact off four again the next lap. Sivley goes inside of the 5 from four with three to go. They knock fenders entering one and 5 keeps nipping at the bumper. As the leaders take the white and go through 1&2, not sure what happened, but the 44 Jones crashed into the outside wall just before the entry of one. Sanfords 23 had heavy damage to the nose. Sivley lead back on to the win! Top 3; 14 5 98
Paul draws the winnin 50/50 winner, dont ya know it was a "Thomason Take" supporter!! Let me hold a dollar AMY WADE!!

Open Wheel - 9 cars
Matt Martin 68 hold the top spot for the start. Moore is outside in the 15. 68 leads down the back. Caution is out when the 07 of Price slows to a stop just after losing third to Tuckers 7. Key in the 0 spins way over in three just after the restart. Two laps after the green, Tucker motors by the 15 for second. Williams 81 follows the 7 and runs third.Tucker takes a look down the back coming to half way but caution flies for the 15 as he spins out off turn four. 81 makes the move for second with eight to go. 7 touched the 81 bumper giving the 68 plenty of distance. 68 walks. Top 3; 68 81 7
Last edited by Chris Thomason on Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
Chris M.F'in Thomason

The views and opinions expressed in this posting are strictly those of the author
Chris Thomason

Re: "The Thomason Take" 6/1

New postby Chris Thomason on Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:29 am

Im most likely the biggest sayre critic there is because Im so passionate about the place. Tonights effort to race, and the actual racin ranks toward the top in many many years. Im quick to say when they do a bad job over there but here I am to give props when its deserved too. Dont take this as me takin back anything Ive said about the place...just giving recognition where its due. Another 2 laps and the lead cars in buzz could have been door to door. Then the leaders in renegade ran side by side for 7 or 8 laps! Pure street! HELL OF A RACE ,HELL OF A RACE i say! 11, 14, 60, bumpin and rubbin the whole race then Wesley Rotenberry was just about to make himself know as laps ran out. Sportsman was WAY better than normal. The class is growing again. Fun to watch 14 work through the field. 14 and 5 was like a boxin match...2 of the best wheelmen to ever cut a lap around sayre. Good job guys and Sayre.
Chris M.F'in Thomason

The views and opinions expressed in this posting are strictly those of the author
Chris Thomason

New postby DennisLane4 on Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:48 am

I heard the 68 was 40 pounds to light when he went through tech after the race. I dont know if theres any truth to it. I also heard brent tucker was pretty upset with the situation. Anyone have any info?
DennisLane4

New postby tristan5 on Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:11 am

Fun racin, hate the way it ended up. Very unexpected from someone I raced with for awhile now. I had two opportunities, but for whatever reason chose not to.
tristan5

New postby Chris Frost on Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:09 am

I'm thinking that Paul might have been excited to be back up from contending for a win. LoL
Chris Frost
Whether good or bad i would rather be talked about than forgotten!
Chris Frost

New postby tristan5 on Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:52 pm

It seems that way just a bit
tristan5

New postby tristan5 on Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:27 pm

http://youtu.be/QgZ-ftukZw0 At least it was exciting! Thanks to Scott Hollis #98 for sharing
tristan5

New postby Scott Hollis on Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:47 pm

Was a fun race. I'll be glad when I can get thru the corners better then maybe I can run with y'all.

Scott
Scott Hollis

New postby Stewart65 on Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:14 pm

It was a lot of fun.
Mark Stewart
Stewart65

New postby Chris Thomason on Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:08 pm

Just watched the video again, yaw put on a hell of show this time around!

I think sayre might should consider putting sportsman on the weekly schedule. I think four of those cars have been to every race this year so far 65,98,15, and 22. Now 5 and 14 added to the mix plus sanford peeled off the big STT decal and made a return. Chad Rileys newly renovated car will be back in action soon and don't forget the green machine is broken...so there is two more to come. That's nine competitive regulars and throw in your filler or newcomer and have a awesome show like this past weekend.

Limited mod, sportsman, pure street, pony, buzz, renegade all run weekly. Alternate open wheel and outlaw late model each week plus the weekly shedule...even when superstar series is in town.

Just my thoughts...and vote
Chris M.F'in Thomason

Chris Thomason

Next

Return to Sayre Speedway